Friday 11 February 2011

Thing 12

Thank goodness!  A nice easy one.

I have been on Facebook for years but use it more to lurk.  I find it useful for contacting individuals, hearing from distant friends and checking my nephew's ever-changing relationship status!

Library use of Facebook varies from the rather dull to the quite interesting ...a bit like Library Web sites I suppose.  The BL site is pretty cool because there is so much unique stuff they can be promoting.  The new Birmingham Library site contains some fancy images.  It certainly looks a lot better than the bizarre council shopping centre feel it currently has.  I always remember running a training session there once and setting an ice breaker exercise.  As I looked out of the window at 09.35 I saw a guy drinking beer in the boozer down below.

When I do my marketing talks I invariably mention our Facebook presence.  This is much admired.  Katharine deservedly won an award for her article about our Facebook campaign in ALISS Quarterly.  I like to think that part of this was down to the writing and part down to her hard work in establishing this excellent resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment