Friday 4 March 2011

...and another Thing (or 3)

Well, it has been another mad week and another mad rush to get my 3 Things completed.

Highlight has to be editing something on Wikipedia, the entry for the Library which was a good two years out of date - it said the Teaching Grid had just celebrated its first birthday - of course we are now 3!

It was also nice to realise that I had actually used Google Docs to do a PESTLE analysis with colleagues a year ago.  Still, I have used it to share a presentation I am working on with Jess.

SlideShare was less thrilling.  I did find an interesting presentation on the Echo Chamber idea (only librarians hear about what we are talking about ...I have some sympathy with this argument) which has given me some references to follow up.  Other than that, SlideShare made me realise just how terrible most presentation are.  Too many words per slide!  Stock, corporate images!!  Amended versions of Comic Sans!!!  Yes, a master class in how not to do it.  This would probably make a good teaching aid, in that regard.  Um, now that's an idea...

As it is Friday and I have been up since 05.15 to have a video conference with perky professionals in a different time zone I feel my Friday YouTube selection should be a bit chilled out.  Enjoy the Horrors making good music:



No comments:

Post a Comment